Growing in Trust
Trusting God does not guarantee the absence of trials or difficult times. (John 16:33), but it does mean that in the midst of those hard times, or moments where you don’t feel like you can trust people or circumstances, we can lean into and trust Jesus. Being reminded by his words in the bible, that God is big enough and Sovereign to use hard circumstances for our good (Romans 8:28). It means we can abide in him (John 15) through prayer and time spent simply being with him.
Trusting God means we are free to die to ourselves (Colossians 3:3) by laying our fears and insecurities at the foot of the cross, and trusting that we are loved, valued, forgiven, redeemed, sanctified, and secure in Him. It’s in light of what Jesus achieved on the cross for us that we can now live and learn to trust God.
Try these daily quick tips to help us lean on the Lord and trust Him:
1. Don’t depend on you—see Prov 3:5
2. Look to God—see Prov 3:6 and Ps 55:17
3. Turn away from evil—see Prov 3:7
4. Put God first—see Prov 3:9-10
5. Check yourself by God’s Word—see Prov 3:11
6. Listen to Holy Spirit—see John 14:26
7. Rest in God’s Love—see Prov 3:12 & Matt 28:20b